We ran into additional issues with our Adobe Update Server. The issue was that clients were not using the internal Adobe Update server despite having the override files pointing them to the internal Adobe Update Server. WireShark showed that clients with the override file would connect to the server, download a single file, and then continue any further update attempts utilizing Adobe’s servers. Turns out, in our case, there were some additional URLs being blocked that prevented a complete Adobe Update Server setup. I have no clue which ones, however, if you have this issue, ensure your update server can reach the URLs/domains contained in Adobe’s endpoint documentation.
Going through this process I learned a few troubleshooting/configuration tricks from the client’s side. In no particular order, here are some notes:
- Try the Remote Update Manager (RUM) locally on the client. It can usually be found at “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE_Enterprise”. If it fails to download from your update server, it should return an error in the console that may point you in the correct direction.
- Ensure you check the client’s “%TEMP%\CreativeCloud\ACC\ACC.log” and “%TEMP%\CreativeCloud\ACC\AdobeDownload\DLM.log” log files.
- Turn on directory browsing in IIS (If using IIS to host the update files) and ensure that you can download each type of file from your updates url.
- Override files must go “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\UpdaterResources” and “C:\ProgramData\Adobe\AAMUpdater\1.0”. One of those directories does not exist by default, create it.
- You can enable the Apps tab for clients in the “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\Configs\ServiceConfig.xml” file.